21/06/2011

First Killa Kan

Click to enlarge
No Waaagh is complete without some Killa Kanz so I have some to and I just got the first one done. I really love these models and they are Orky to the max I think. Full of little detail and a lot of different parts to mix and match.

I want my vehicles and armour bits to look like rusted old metal that used to be bright yellow. A bit like the background image of my blog. To create that look I painted it golden yellow and added rush and weathering layers with dark flesh. I used the sponge technique the most because I like the result the best but I couldn't reach everywhere with tha sponge so I had to do a lot by brush as well.


All and all this model took me three weeks to complete but that said I didn't have a lot of painting time in the past few weeks.


Click to enlarge

Here's a shot of the complete model. As you can see it has a close combat weapon and Grotzooka. I really like the detail on the grotzooka and the idea behind it. hurling pieces of scrap towards the enemy can have quite devasting results. (so I have heard) . I haven't had time to play this model so I have no idea if it's any good.


Here's a shot of the close combat weapon. I like how it turned out but I think I should have added more scratches. looks scary anyway..


And on the left you can see the Grotzooka side a bit better. If you want to see all the little details and the effect the special crackle paint had that I used on this model then have a look at my earlier article on A Cracking Crackled Paintjob.

4 comments:

Warflake said...

Paint job is so excellent. The colors look immense.

Rictus said...

Love the paint job, yellow turned out great.

Marts Warhammer said...

Great weathering, very, very nice model!

Anonymous said...

Wow dude, wow.

Paint is incredible but my favourite detail has to be the circular rub marks on the buzz saw blade, very realistic!

Top class work!