04/01/2011

Heavy Bolter Conversion

Click to enlarge

 I wanted to make the space marine with the heavy bolter in my devastator sqd look a bit more "badass" so I had a look in my bitzbox and found some bits from the Imperial Guard Heavy Weapons Team.With very little conversion this marine now looks as if he is ready to unleash a storm of bullets upon the enemy.







Click to enlarge
I painted some battle damage on the bolter and space marine to show that he has seen many battles...The armour plate on the heavy bolter is from the IG heavy weapons sprue and the support legs are from the mortar of the same sprue.

Seb

4 comments:

Bartender said...

Cool conversion and nice paint job.

Papa JJ said...

Great idea, this conversion really seems to add a lot of menace to the model. I like how it adds a feeling a weight as well. Very nice work!

Archon Brax said...

Loved this conversion when you suggested it for the From the Warp blog! Looked around and liked your ideas. I will be following your blog and wish you goos luck and happy painting.

Brax

Unknown said...

Gun looks great but it just bugs me that the guy isn't looking at least a little more to the left!