13/04/2011

Looted Wagon part 3

I'm still having a lot of fun with my Looted Chimera. I have started work on the tracks and although they're not finished yet I thought I might show you where things are going with this project.I took the original tracks off because I think they are to flimsey and clean for an Ork Tank. That did mean however that I would have to make my own.
As you can see in the picture I did some bodywork on the inside and I like how it looks so I will probably keep that going for the rest of the interior.I glued a piece of fly netting on the floor so After I paint that it will look pretty cool.
 But I also started on the tracks. It's quite a tedious job cutting all those tracks and then scarring them but I think I'm heading in the right direction. I want to make them more Orky by adding some sort of spikes to them but I'm not sure how to do that yet.I'll have to think about it for a bit. I will go and bend some corners of some tracks. They're scratched and scarred but I think they should look even more damaged.



The front of the Chimera saw some work too. I made a hull mounted machine gun from an old Sentinel exhaust and made my own vision slits for the driver. I want to make it so the driver pops his head out on top so the vision slit is just for show and to break up the clean front.

Related articles:
Looted Wagon part 1: taking the original painted Chimera apart
Looted Wagon part 2: working on the Reinforced Ram

Seb
Post a Comment