I ordered a couple of Humvees from Imaginative Miniatures to bolster the RAZ forces. It took me a couple of days to paint them up but overall it went very quick and smooth.
The pewter is good and hardly any cleaning needed to be done. However. with these thin barrels you can very easily bend them by accident. Something to watch out for.
I also had a look in my spare decal box for some striking details. Since this is my Imagi-Nation I can do what I want and don't have to be historical accurate. Therefor I now have "the Bomb" and "Hunter". I thought they were cool names .
NATO CAMO TUTORIAL
- Undercoat the HMV in black, I used Vallejo black primer. Then use some blue tac or poster tac to create a camo pattern and stick it on top. Not too thick so it will be easier to airbrush all the angles. (Note; everything under the blue tac will stay black)
- Spray with a green colour, I used Vallejo Olive Grey 70.888.
- Again add a layer of blue tac in a camo pattern on top of the green and the blue tac that was already on. (note; make sure you wait till the paint is 100% dry)
- Over spray with a light brown colour, I used Vallejo Flat Earth 70.983.
- When all the paint is dry you can remove the blue tac to reveal the NATO Camo.
From there you can start to paint the details and rest of the model.